Matches from May 1 to June 26
Matches from July 10 to September 4
Captaining a team is easy and rewarding! Learn more about what they do. If you are interested in being a captain but have not done it before, we have mentors that can help make it easy for you.
Be familiar with the structure, procedures and local league, sectional and national rules, as well as the general rules of tennis to keep your team informed.
Recruit enough players to field a complete team for every match. GIT can help in finding players too.
GET RESULTS IN
Record match results on TennisLink within 48 hours (per regulations).
- Ensure that all players meet the eligibility requirements: Have a valid NTRP rating, USTA membership and be the minimum age for the league.
- Obtain a team number from your league coordinator.
- Distribute all materials to your team including: Team number, schedule of play, current rules and regulations and a list of team members with telephone numbers and emails.
- Confirm home and away matches and contact opposing team captains to confirm date and time of match. Assist your local league coordinator in rescheduling postponed or delayed matches.
- Organize all materials necessary for the team’s participation at the championship level, if your team qualifies.